In order for a new customer to setup utility service with the City of Nevada, please come into City Hall located at 110 S. Ash or contact us at 417-448-5115. For customers unavailable to come into City Hall, please complete the appropriate application below and return along with copy of Photo ID to:
City Hall at 110 S Ash, Nevada, MO 64772, fax 417-381-1938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact City Hall at 417-448-5115 to insure receipt of application, schedule connection and pay any applicable deposit.
For current utility customers wishing to transfer or disconnect service please contact City Hall at 417-448-5115.
Same day service is available when requests are received prior to 3:30pm. A valid photo id and deposit are required.
Residential accounts require a deposit or the customer may present a letter of credit from their previous utility company in lieu of a deposit. The letter of credit must show a twelve month history, two or fewer late payments, no disconnections for non-payment and no returned checks.
Commercial accounts require a deposit or surety bond. Commercial deposits and bonds are based on two months anticipated usage for the business type.
- Sign up for Bank Draft ACH and Credit Card ACH
- Drop box available at City Hall
- Payment can be mailed to City Hall
- Pay over the phone with credit card free of charge
- Pay Online
City of Nevada accepts cash, checks, money order, Visa and Mastercard
All payments must be received by 5pm on the 5th to avoid any additional charges. Delinquent accounts with payments received after the 15th at 5pm will incur an administrative fee and service will be interrupted.[/tab]
How can I reduce my monthly bill?
- Review your water habits. The average person uses an estimated 53 gallons of water per day or 1,600 gallons per month.
- Consider installing water efficient toilet, dishwasher, washing machine, shower head etc.
- Monitor your property for leaks and fix them quickly. Leaking toilets and dripping faucets are big water wasters.
- Pay your bill on time. Delinquent bills incur a 10% penalty.
Water and Sewer Rates
2017 Rates Water Sewer Administrative Fee
Inside City Limits
1st 1,000 gallons 15.15 13.46
Large Meter 1st, 1000 gallons 30.30
Per 1,000 gallons 8.91 6.32
Sewer Pressure Pump 20.20
Nonpayment fee 63.00
Tampering fee 140.00
Outside City Limits
1st 1,000 gallons 16.67 14.82
Large Meter 1st, 1000 gallons 33.34
Per 1,000 gallons 9.82 6.97
Sewer Pressure Pump 22.44
Nonpayment fee 69.00
Tampering fee 147.00