*** HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE HAS A NEW PHONE NUMBER: 417-448-5106 ***
The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
Lt. Equipment Operator
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for a Light Equipment Operator for construction of the water distribution and sewer collection systems and street work.
The applicant must be able to operate light equipment, (and heavy equipment when needed), perform the skilled and semi-skilled labor associated with the job requirements and perform other job functions as required. Job duties include but are not restricted to:
- Perform semi-skilled to skilled work with skid steer, trencher, jackhammer, compactor, compressor, and other equipment of comparable size
- Operate heavy and other equipment calling for higher levels of skill as required and at the supervisor’s discretion
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, twist, kneel and reach both to ground level and overhead; lifts and carries up to 100 pounds and /or pushes up to 150 pounds as required
- Assist in the construction of the water distribution system and sewer collection system; and repairing, installation, and maintenance of the City streets
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors, employees and the public
- May be required to work weekends or a variety of shifts, subject to call out on emergencies as needed 24 hours a day-year round, and may be on call as directed by the Field Operations Manager
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class B, from the State of Missouri, or the ability to obtain one in a reasonable amount of time
The pay grade for this position is a 10, with the starting annual wage of $26,739. It includes full benefits with paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement and vacation and sick leave.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center. Eligible applicants must return applications by Monday, March 27, at 4:00 PM to be considered.
Twin Lakes Clubhouse Attendant
The City of Nevada Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting job applications for part-time position of Twin Lakes Clubhouse Attendant. This position assists the manager with all duties related to the Clubhouse. Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license, some experience working in a recreational area, and be at least 21 years of age.
Applicants must be able to work a variable schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Runs the cash register, restocks shelves, completes basic book work, assists in the pro shop, and works with the public.
- Assists manager with tournament operations.
- Organizes scorecards, rule sheets, and skins as needed.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- Completes basic incident reports.
- Gets and puts away golf carts.
- Washes range balls.
- Performs basic janitorial services to clubhouse and sweeps sidewalks.
The starting wage for this position is $8.25 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Monday, March 27, 2017, at 4:00 PM to be considered.
Firefighter / Part-Time
The Nevada Fire Department is now accepting applications for a part-time position of Firefighter I. The starting wage for this position is $10.82 per hour.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license or the ability to obtain one. Minimum certifications required include Missouri Firefighter I or other IFSAC Firefighter I Certification, Firefighter II Certification, and live within or relocate to a five-mile radius of the Nevada Fire Station.
If you do not have the Firefighter I and II certifications, the Nevada Fire Department will be hosting a certification course in the fall. Please contact them for additional information.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until filled.
The City of Nevada Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The starting wage for this position is $31,886 per year. It is a full time position, and includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The Police Department also participates in a take-home vehicle program for its officers.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license, should be at least 21 years of age, P.O.S.T certified by the State of Missouri, and successfully pass a background investigation.
This position requires residency within the boundaries of Vernon County, MO.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Applications may also be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Parks & Recreation Director
The City of Nevada, Missouri (pop 8,300) is currently accepting applications for a Parks & Recreation Director. This position is responsible for 11 parks spanning over 500 acres, a 60,000 square foot community center, aquatic center, skate park, and a sports complex consisting of an 18-hole golf course and softball/baseball fields. The director supervises 8 full-time staff, 20 part-time staff and over 45 seasonal employees. This position manages a $1.4 Million budget funded in part by a permanent park sales tax and reports to the City Manager.
Requirements for this position include: a Bachelor’s degree with extensive coursework in a recreational field and five years professional experience, with at least three years of supervisory or management experience. Willing to consider extensive management experience in recreation in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Some of the primary and essential functions of this job include but are not limited to:
- Plan and direct municipal recreation programs, including the Community Center, Aquatic Center, and Twin Lakes Sports Complex
- Direct the maintenance and planning of the City parks system
- Manages the operation of the Community Center, Aquatic Center, Twin Lakes Sports Complex and the parks maintenance workers and their staff
- Maintains the files and records of the department
- Oversees the scheduling of all activities at the facilities
- Prepares the annual budget
- Acts as the liaison to the City Park Board and issues notices for meetings, prepares materials for meetings, and implements policies established by the board.
The salary for this position is DOQ, and includes excellent benefits.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to City of Nevada Human Resources, attn: Parks Director Search, 110 South Ash, Nevada, MO 64772, or e-mail to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.