*** HUMAN RESOURCES PHONE NUMBER: 417-448-5106 ***
The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Light Equipment Operator
The City of Nevada Public Works Department is currently accepting applications for a Light Equipment Operator for construction of the water distribution and sewer collection systems and street work.
The applicant must be able to operate light equipment, (and heavy equipment when needed), perform the skilled and semi-skilled labor associated with the job requirements and perform other job functions as required. Job duties include but are not restricted to:
- Perform semi-skilled to skilled work with skid steer, trencher, jackhammer, compactor, compressor, and other equipment of comparable size
- Operate heavy and other equipment calling for higher levels of skill as required and at the supervisor’s discretion
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, twist, kneel and reach both to ground level and overhead; lifts and carries up to 100 pounds and /or pushes up to 150 pounds as required
- Assist in the construction of the water distribution system and sewer collection system; and repairing, installation, and maintenance of the City streets
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors, employees and the public
- May be required to work weekends or a variety of shifts, subject to call out on emergencies as needed 24 hours a day-year round, and may be on call as directed by the Field Operations Manager
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class B with air brakes, from the State of Missouri, or the ability to obtain one in a reasonable amount of time
The pay grade for this position is a 10, with the starting annual wage of $27,307. It includes full benefits with paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement and vacation and sick leave.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center. Eligible applicants must return applications by Monday, July 23, 2018, at 9 AM to be considered.
Twin Lakes Clubhouse Attendant
The City of Nevada Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting job applications for part-time position of Twin Lakes Clubhouse Attendant. This position assists the manager with all duties related to the Clubhouse. Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license, some experience working in a recreational area, and be at least 21 years of age.
Applicants must be able to work a variable schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Runs the cash register, restocks shelves, completes basic book work, assists in the pro shop, and works with the public.
- Assists manager with tournament operations.
- Organizes scorecards, rule sheets, and skins as needed.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- Completes basic incident reports.
- Gets and puts away golf carts.
- Washes range balls.
- Performs basic janitorial services to clubhouse and sweeps sidewalks.
The starting wage for this position is $8.68 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Monday, July 23, 2018, at 4:00 PM to be considered.
Fire Department / Firefighter I
NOT TRAINED…NO PROBLEM. WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
If you do not have the Firefighter I and II certifications, the Nevada Fire Department will be hosting a certification course in August. You may still apply for the position but must attend and pass Firefighter I & II in order to retain your part-time position with the department.
The Nevada Fire Department is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter I. The wage for this position is $11.05 per hour and is a part-time position.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license or the ability to obtain one. Minimum certifications required include Missouri Firefighter I or other IFSAC Firefighter I Certification, Firefighter II Certification , and live within or relocate to a five-mile radius of the Nevada Fire Station.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This posting will remain open until the positions are filled.