Alliance Water Resources, Inc. will start the flushing of water mains on Monday, May 13th 2019. Customers within the area of the flushing and surrounding influence areas may experience some discoloration in their water if usage occurs during the flushing period.
The water main flushing schedule and Flow testing will be as follows:
- Monday May 13 – Tower Street to West City limits. Olive and College streets from Atlantic to Radio Springs Park.
- Tuesday, May 14 – Chestnut to Spring from Vernon to Maple.
- Wednesday, May 15 – Chestnut to Spring from Maple to Railroad tracks. Spring to Ash from Garfield to Atlantic.
- Thursday, May 16 – Country Club and Hillcrest Drive. West St. to Ash from Cleveland to Walnut.
- Friday, May 17 – West St. to Ash from Cherry to South street. Ash to North and West city limits.
- Monday, May 20 – Main to Washington from Cherry to South City limits.
- Main to Washington to North city limits including Fairground Estates.
- Tuesday, May 21 – Oak to Railroad tracks from Cherry to South City limits. Main to Commercial from Ashland to Atlantic. Main to Washington from Walnut to Ashland
- Wednesday, May 22 – Austin and Underpass to I-49. Main to Washington from Walnut to Ashland.
- Thursday, May 23 – Austin and Commerce Dr. to East City limits. Oak to Osage from Lee to Walnut.
- Friday, May 24 – Smelter Hill and Alma Street. Colorado to East Frontage road from Ashland to North City limits. Railroad tracks to East City limits from Walnut to Ashland.
- Tuesday, May 28- Highland St. to North city limits from Elm St to East city limits.
- Wednesday May 29 – Railroad tracks to East City limits from Walnut to Ashland.
Water main ﬂushing is the process of cleaning or “scouring” the interior of water distribution mains (pipes) by sending a rapid ﬂow of water through the mains. Flushing promotes high quality water by removing sediments and deposits in the main lines and assures all fire hydrants are in proper working order.
Bob Kerbs, Distribution Supervisor. 417-321-9000