City Council Regular Session-Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7 p.m.
Public notice is hereby given that a Regular Session of the City Council of Nevada, Missouri will be held on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 120 S. Ash St Nevada, Missouri.
If you have a need for accommodation and would like to have access to disability-related auxiliary aids or services, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 110 S. Ash, Nevada, MO 64772; phone, 417-448-5102; fax, 417-381-1938; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Twenty-four hours’ notice is requested. This Agenda may be modified with the express or implied consent of the City Council during the meeting.
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Invocation: Megan Allen
4. Roll Call
5. Proclamations: None
6. Approval of Minutes
a. Regular Session-July 18, 2023
7. Appointments to Boards and Commissions: None
8. Consideration of Bids
a) Consideration of Resolution No. 1725 – A Resolution of the City of Nevada, Missouri, accepting the bid and authorizing payment to Midwest Mulch for 650 cubic yards of Kiddie Kushion mulch
9. Public Participation from Those Registered with the City Clerk
10. Communications and Petitions: None
11. Unfinished Business: None
12. Old Business:
a) Second reading of Bill No. 2023-044 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, awarding a Special Use Permit for a short-term rental property at 314 E. Vernon
b) Second reading of Bill No. 2023-045 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, awarding a Special Use Permit for a short-term rental property at 716 W. Arch
13. New Business:
a) Consideration of Bill No. 2023-047 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, approving the Public Transit Operating Assistance Grant Agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission
b) Consideration of Resolution No. 1724 – A Resolution of the City of Nevada, Missouri, approving a Travel Portion of Right-of-Way application for American Cancer Society, Inc.
Boards and Commissions:
- Housing Board Minutes-04/26/23
- Housing Board Minutes-05/24/23
- Library Board Minutes-04/24/23
- Library Board Minutes-05/25/23
- Long-Term Care Board Minutes- 06/28/23
- Long-Term Care Board Minutes- 07/12/23
- NRMC, Board of Directors Minutes-04/25/23
- NRMC, Board of Directors Minutes-05/23/23
- NRMC, Board of Directors Minutes-06/27/23
Monthly Department Reports:
City Manager’s Report:
City Treasurer’s Report: June Financial
15. Miscellaneous Matters:
16. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The City Manager Requests an Executive Session for Reasons in Accordance with Section 610.021 RSMo., Subparagraph (1) Legal actions, causes of action or litigation involving a public governmental body and any confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body or its representatives and its attorneys. (3) Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees by a public governmental body when personal information about the employee is discussed or recorded.