City Council Regular Session- Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 7 p.m.
Public notice is hereby given that a Regular Session of the City Council of Nevada, Missouri will be held on Tuesday, November 21, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 120 S. Ash St. Nevada, Missouri. The meeting will be open to the public.
If you have a need for accommodation and would like to have access to disability-related auxiliary aids or services, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 110 S. Ash, Nevada, MO 64772; phone, 417-448-5102; fax, 417-381-1938; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Twenty-four hours’ notice is requested. This Agenda may be modified with the express or implied consent of the City Council during the meeting.
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Invocation: Michelle Whitlock
4. Roll Call
a) Plaque presentation to Sarah Haney
6. Approval of Minutes
a) Regular Session, November 7, 2023
b) Special Session, November 14, 2023
7. Appointments to Boards and Commissions:
8. Consideration of Bids: None
9. Public Participation from Those Registered with the City Clerk
10. Communications and Petitions: None
11. Unfinished Business: None
12. Old Business:
a) Second reading of Bill No. 2023-065 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, authorizing the execution of Change Order No. 1 to the agreement with Hogan’s Inc.
b) Second reading of Bill No. 2023-066 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, authorizing the execution of Change Order No. 1 to the agreement with Core and Main, LP
c) Second reading of Bill No. 2023-067 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, authorizing the execution of an agreement by and between the Vernon County Commission and the City of Nevada, Missouri, for 911 dispatch services
13. New Business:
PUBLIC HEARING: Special Use permit application for a short-term rental at 812 W. Sycamore.
a) Consideration of Bill No. 2023-068 – A Special Ordinance of the City of Nevada, Missouri, awarding a special use permit for a short-term rental property at 812 W. Sycamore
b) Consideration of Resolution No.1743 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Nevada, Missouri, renewing membership in the Kaysinger Basin Regional Planning Commission and appointing a Vernon County City representative on the Board of Directors
c) Consideration of Resolution No. 1744 – A Resolution of the City of Nevada, Missouri, temporarily suspending the practice of termination of water service for failure to pay utility bills
Boards and Commissions:
Library Board Minutes-08/24/23
Monthly Department Reports:
Fire Department-October 2023
Police Department-October 2023
Municipal Court-October 2023
City Manager’s Report: Chamber Tourism discussion
City Treasurer’s Report:
15. Miscellaneous Matters:
16. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Mayor requests an Executive Session for Reasons in Accordance with Section 610.021 RSMo., Subparagraph (1) Legal actions, causes of action or litigation involving a public governmental body and any confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body or its representatives and its attorneys. 3) Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees by a public governmental body when personal information about the employee is discussed or recorded.