In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the City of Nevada is working closely with federal, state and local public health agencies to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and taking every precaution necessary to protect the health of our community and staff, while continuing to provide essential City services.
- UPDATE: April, 20, 2020
Public notice is hereby given that a Regular Session of the Nevada City Council will be held on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. via Teleconference and Facebook Live, in the City Council Chambers located at 120 S. Ash, Nevada, Missouri.
- Call in Number 1-800-977-8002
- Access Code: 7615 775 #
- Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/ournevadamo/
If you have need for accommodation and would like to have access to disability related auxiliary aids or services, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 110 S. Ash, Nevada, MO 64772; phone, 417-448-5102; fax, 417-381-1938; or email email@example.com. Twenty-four hours notice is requested. This Agenda may be modified with the express or implied consent of the City Council during the meeting.
UPDATE: March 23, 2020
Fare Share Public Transportation
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Nevada has made Public Transportation rides FREE until further notice. Only essential trips to access healthcare, pharmacies, and groceries. No cash or coupons needed.
- The City of Nevada Fare Share Public Transportation is encouraging transportation for essential trips such as shopping and medical appointments. Hours of operation have temporarily changed to the following:
- Monday, Wednesday thru Friday: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 6:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Saturday – Sunday closed
- Call 417.448.5500 to schedule a ride.
County and City officials have established a text system to keep citizens informed of time-sensitive information, emergencies, or urgent notifications. Residents and businesses located within Vernon County are encouraged to sign up for CodeRED to be sure they receive timely emergency notifications and other important information and instructions when alerts are issued. This is our way of notifying you in an emergency situation. Visit the sign-up page. or TEXT Vernonmocr to 99411
It is very important to stay up to date with accurate, up-to-date information. Please read and or subscribe to the Nevada Daily Mail – 667-3344 or visit online. Listen to KNEM/KNMO 97.5 FM or 1240AM or visit them online.
In the interest of our community’s health and safety, the following is in effect:
The following updates to the City of Nevada operations and services will go into effect Monday, March 23, 2020:
- The City Hall Lobby will be closed to the public.
- Water / Sewer Services:
- Please use one of the following options to pay water and sewer bills:
- City Hall drop box
- Automated phone payment: 417-448-5115 option 1
- Online: Make a Payment Online
- Mail: 110 S Ash, Nevada, MO 64772
- New service:
- Online application: www.nevadamo.gov
- Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 417-448-5115
- Discontinue service:
- Phone: 417-448-5115
- Email: email@example.com
- Service issues and emergencies:
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm: 417-448-5115
- After 5:00pm and Weekends: 417-448-2710
- For the health and well-being of our citizens the City of Nevada is temporarily suspending disconnections for nonpayment of water and sewer services.
- Nevada Police Department Lobby will remain opened as staffing allows; we continue to encourage communication through phone calls 448-2710. When requesting police services, please continue to call 9-1-1 for emergencies and 448-2710 for non-emergencies and past occurred incidents.
- Nevada Animal Shelter Lobby will be closed to the public, please call for an appointment 448-5109.
Fire Department Lobby will be closed to the public, please call for information 448-5105.
Parks & Recreation
The Franklin P. Norman City/County Community Center, Franklin P. Norman Municipal Golf Course, and Marmaduke Community Building will be CLOSED thru April 5th, 2020. All scheduled programs and rentals are cancelled during this timeframe
Please check our Facebook Page, “Nevada Community Center Parks and Recreation” for updated information on mail-in program registration. Thank you.
Water & Sewer
- Water Treatment Plant Lobby will be closed to the public, please call for information 448-5117.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Lobby will be closed to the public, please call information 448-5118.
- Water and Sewer operations in Nevada will be business as usual, staff will be responding to all call outs including after-hours emergencies and will be performing line locations when requested. The Water Treatment Plant will continue to be staffed 24/7 and the Wastewater Treatment Plant will continue normal operations.
- There will be no Municipal Court Hearing until Monday, April 6, 2020. Payments can be made by phone, online at govteller.com or here at the office during regular business hours. Please contact Municipal Court with any questions, 448-5108.
The following City Departments are available by phone:
- City Manager/City Clerk/City Council, 448-5102
- The Planning and Zoning Department, 448-5113
- Public Works,448-5114
- Municipal Court, 448-5108
- Human Resources, 448-5106
- Parks Director, 448-5110
All citizens are also encouraged to follow the City on Facebook at City of Nevada, Mo. Government and Twitter @ournevadamo or nevadamo.gov for updates on this changing situation.
For more information on COVID-19, what to do if you’re exhibiting symptoms and best health practices, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Vernon County Health Department Facebook page.
- Regular Session City Council Meeting – Tuesday January 18, 2022 @ 7:00 pm
- Planning Commission Regular Meeting – Tuesday January 11, 2022 at 5:15 pm in the Council Chambers at City Hall
- LTC BOD City Convalescent Home (Moore-Few Care Center/Barone Care Center) Meeting – Thursday January 6, 2022 @ 6:30 PM
- Regular Session City Council Meeting – Tuesday January 4, 2022 @ 7:00 pm
- Nevada Park Board Meeting – Wednesday December 29, 2021 @ 5:30 pm