Service Connection: please complete the application below and return to:
City of Nevada Utility Billing
110 S. Ash Street
Nevada, MO 64772
Service Transfer or Disconnection: 417-448-5115
- Residential meter deposit $120
- Residential meter deposits may be waived in cases where the customer has established 12 months of satisfactory utility payment history with the city.
- Residential letter of credit in lieu of deposit – Customers who have never had service with the city may submit a letter of credit from their previous utility company. The letter of credit requires a twelve month history, no more than two late payments, no disconnections for non-payment and no returned payments.
- Commercial meter deposit or surety bond is based on two months anticipated usage for the business. Call 417-448-5115 for the required deposit amount.
- Bills are due by the 5th of the month at 4:30 pm.
- Delinquent accounts are due by the 15th of the month at 4:300 pm and are charged a 10% penalty.
- Delinquent accounts on the 15th of the month after 4:30 pm are charged an administrative fee and disconnected the following day.
- When a due date occurs on a weekend or holiday, the due date shall be the next business day.
- Enroll in Bank Draft ACH
- 24 hour drop box: 110 S. Ash Street
- Mailing address: City of Nevada 110 S. Ash Street, Nevada MO, 64772
- Pay by phone 417-448-5115 option #1
- Pay Online
- Cash, check, money order, Visa and Mastercard accepted
- When using Bill Pay through your bank please allow 10-14 days for bank processing and City receipt of payment.
Water and Sewer Rates:
Effective January 1, 2020
|Inside City Limits|
|1st 1,000 gallons||16.50||14.10|
|Large meter 1st 1000 gallons||33.00|
|Per 1,000 gallons||9.70||6.62|
|Sewer Pressure Pump||21.16|
|Outside City Limits|
|1st 1,000 gallons||18.15||15.53|
|Large meter 1st 1,000 gallons||36.30|
|Per 1,000 gallons||10.70||7.30|
|Sewer Pressure Pump||23.50|
How can I reduce my monthly bill?
- Review your water habits. The average person uses an estimated 53 gallons of water per day or 1,600 gallons per month.
- Consider installing water efficient toilet, dishwasher, washing machine, shower head etc.
- Monitor your property for leaks and fix them quickly. Leaking toilets and dripping faucets are big water wasters.
- Enroll in bank draft or credit card draft to ensure your bill is paid by the due date. Delinquent bills are charged a 10% penalty.