In the 28TH Judicial Circuit Court of Vernon County, Missouri
Municipal Division at Nevada
|Speeding Offenses||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
10 miles over limit
|11 – 15 miles over limit||19-48||$107.00|
|16 – 19 miles over limit||19-48||$137.00|
|School Zone Violations||19-51||Court Appearance|
|No Proof of Insurance||19-201AB||Court Appearance|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|Expired License Plates||19-198||$87.00|
|Fail to Transfer Plates||19-198||$87.00|
|No Lic. Plates/Fail to Register||19-198||$87.00|
|Miscellaneous Violations||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|Dog Running at Large||5-26c||$87.00|
|Excessive Vehicle or Tire Noise||19-140/140.1||$87.00|
|Expired Driver’s License||19-89||$87.00|
|Fail to Maintain Lane||19-83||$97.00*|
|Failed to Remain Stopped||19-66||$97.00*|
|Failure to Signal||19-56||$97.00*|
|Failure to Yield||19-67||$97.00*|
|Follow too closely||19-87||$97.00*|
|Improper Lane Use||19-84||$97.00*|
|No City Dog Tag||5-26a||$ 87.00|
|No Headlight when required||19-134||$87.00|
|Stop Light Violation||19-37C||$97.00*|
|Stop Sign Violation||19-65A or B||$97.00*|
*If there is an accident involved, then a court appearance is required per COR 37.49 (1)
Nevada Municipal Court
120 S. Ash
Nevada, MO 64772
Phone: (417) 448-5108
Fax: (417) 381-1938
- You must respond to your ticket by either:
- Paying the fine established for the offense on your ticket before your court date, or
- Appearing in person on your court date to make arrangement for payment or to plead not guilty to contest the ticket.
- To Plead Guilty and Pay your fine:
- The amount of most fines are listed on the reverse side of this sheet. If your offense is not listed, call the court office to determine the amount of your fine.
- It can take 10 or more days for the tickets to be available online and in the court office. Please wait at least 10 days from the date the ticket was issued to contact the court.
- Make payment in U.S. Dollars. Partial payments cannot be accepted.
NO PERSONAL CHECKS
- To send by mail, address to MUNICIPAL COURT, 120 S. Ash, Nevada, MO 64772. Enclose a Money Order for the amount due payable to City of Nevada.
- To pay in person, the court office is open from 8m. to 3 p.m. on Monday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Payments made in person can be made with Cash, Money Order, Visa or MasterCard.
- To pay by phone or online, call office phone or go to courts.mo.gov/ticket. Enter your ticket #, click plead and pay, and follow the instructions. If you have been issued more than one ticket, you must repeat this process for each ticket.
Court Appearance Guidelines
No food or drink will be allowed in the Courtroom. No hats are to be worn and proper attire is required. Use of tobacco products is prohibited. All electronic devices must be turned off or silenced.
If you fail to respond to this summons by your court date:
- A WARRANT may be issued for your arrest.
- Your driving privileges in this state or in your home state may be suspended until the fine is paid. If your license is suspended, you will have to pay your ticket and an additional fee to the Department of Revenue to have your driving privileges reinstated. Also, a HOLD can be placed on your license to keep you from renewing it until the court has been satisfied.