In the 28TH Judicial Circuit Court of Vernon County, Missouri
Municipal Division at Nevada
Traffic Violations Bureau
|Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|10 – 15 miles over limit||19-48||$65.00|
|16 – 19 miles over limit||19-48||$85.00|
|School Zone Violations||19-51||Court Appearance|
|Driver’s License Violations||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|No Valid License||19-89||$80.00*|
|Expired Driver’s License||19-89||$80.00*|
|MO resident w/out of State DL||19-89||$45.00*|
|Not Motorcycle Qualified||19-89||$45.00*|
*If proof of valid license is provided before your court date, then only costs of $24.50 assessed.
|Vehicle Registration Violations||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|No License Plates/Fail to Register||19-198||$75.00*|
|Expired License Plates||19-198||$50.00*|
|MO Res. w/out of State Plates||19-198||$50.00*|
|Fail to Transfer Plates||19-198||$50.00*|
|No Front License Plate||19-198||$50.00*|
*If proof of legal registration is provided before your court date, then only costs of $24.50 assessed.
|Vehicle Insurance Violations||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|No Proof of Insurance – no proof provided||19-201AB||$125.00|
|No Proof of Insurance – proof valid after time of stop||19-201AB||$75.00*|
|No Proof of Insurance – proof valid at time of stop||19-201AB||No cost if VALID proof is shown*|
*Any insurance proof provided will be verified. Include your agency’s name and phone number. We must have time to receive, verify and process your payment before your court date. It is your responsibility to contact the court to make sure your proof was accepted and processed. Failure to do so may result in further action.
|Miscellaneous Violations||Ordinance #||Fine and Costs|
|Stop Light Violation||19-37C||$50.00*|
|Stop Sign Violation||19-65A or B||$50.00*|
|Fail to Maintain Lane||19-83||$45.00*|
|Excessive Vehicle or Tire Noise||19-140/140.1||$35.00|
|No Child Restraint||19-145.1||$49.00|
|No City Dog Tag||5-26a||$50.00|
|Dog Running at Large||5-26c||$50.00|
*If there is an accident involved, then a court appearance is required per COR 37.49 (1)
Nevada Municipal Court
120 S. Ash
Nevada, MO 64772
Phone: (417) 448-5108
Fax: (417) 381-1938
- You must respond to your ticket by either:
- Paying the fine established for the offense on your ticket before your court date, or
- Appearing in person on your court date to make arrangement for payment or to plead not guilty to contest the ticket.
- To Plead Guilty and Pay your fine:
- The amount of most fines are listed on the reverse side of this sheet. If your offense is not listed, call the court office to determine the amount of your fine.
- Make payment in U.S. Dollars. Partial payments cannot be accepted. NO PERSONAL CHECKS
- To send by mail, address to MUNICIPAL COURT, 120 S. Ash, Nevada, MO 64772. Enclose a Money Order for the amount due payable to City of Nevada.
- To pay in person, the court office is open from 8m. to
3 p.m. on Monday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Payments made in person can be made with Cash, Money Order, Visa or MasterCard.
- To pay by phone or online, call office phone or go to govteller.com to pay the specified amount.
- On back of the ticket, sign on the “Defendant’s Name” line, fill in current address and driver’s license number, and return it with your payment by 3 p.m. on your court date. Be sure to allow enough days for the mail to deliver, whereas the court is not responsible for delays in the Postal Service.
Court Appearance Guidelines
No food or drink will be allowed in the Courtroom. No hats are to be worn and proper attire is required. Use of tobacco products is prohibited. All electronic devices must be turned off or silenced.
If you fail to respond to this summons by your court date:
- A WARRANT may be issued for your arrest.
- Your driving privileges in this state or in your home state may be suspended until the fine is paid. If your license is suspended, you will have to pay your ticket and an additional fee to the Department of Revenue to have your driving privileges reinstated. Also, a HOLD can be placed on your license to keep you from renewing it until the court has been satisfied.