NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the City of Nevada, Missouri on October 18, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 120 South Ash, Nevada, MO, to consider a project partially funded by the Missouri Department of Transportation, pursuant to Section 5311 of Title 49, United States Code.
1. To present a proposed taxi coupon program for the general public.
2. Request financial assistance in an amount necessary to complete funding and operate the City’s taxi coupon program.
3. The location of the project will be at 110 South Ash to serve the City of Nevada, Mo.
4. The total estimated cost of the project is $83,215
Federal and State Funds $20,983
Local Funds (City) $20,983
Capital Project – Sedan Total Cost $23,000
Federal Funds 80% $18,400
Local Funds (City) 20% $ 4,600
5. The source of the local matches will be from City of Nevada general fund.
6. At the hearing, the city will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard regarding the project. Interested persons may submit orally, or in writing, evidence and recommendations with respect to said project. If no person(s) request to give either oral or written evidence and recommendations three days prior to the public hearing, the applicant is not required to hold the public hearing.
7. Organizations interested in the proposed service may request information concerning the project from the applicant.
8. City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or age in employment or provision of services.
9. Any person requesting information or requiring special accommodation to attend the
hearing, may contact Johnna Williams, Deputy City Clerk, City Hall, 110 South Ash, Nevada, Missouri, 64772 or telephone (417) 448-5113.
Johnna Williams, Deputy City Clerk
Dates of Publication: September 17, 2016 and October 8, 2016 28