The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Please contact Human Resources at 417-448-5106 for any questions on our postings or positions.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Public Works/Light Equipment Operator
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for Light Equipment Operators for construction of the water distribution and sewer collection systems and street work.
The applicants must be able to operate light equipment, (and heavy equipment when needed), perform the skilled and semi-skilled labor associated with the job requirements and perform other job functions as required. Job duties include but are not restricted to:
- Perform semi-skilled to skilled work with skid steer, trencher, jackhammer, compactor, compressor, and other equipment of comparable size
- Operate heavy and other equipment calling for higher levels of skill as required and at the supervisor’s discretion
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, twist, kneel and reach both to ground level and overhead; lifts and carries up to 100 pounds and /or pushes up to 150 pounds as required
- Assist in the construction of the water distribution system and sewer collection system; and repairing, installation, and maintenance of the City streets
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors, employees and the public
- May be required to work weekends or a variety of shifts, subject to call out on emergencies as needed 24 hours a day-year round, and may be on call as directed by the Field Operations Manager
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class B with air brakes and tanker endorsement, from the State of Missouri, or the ability to obtain one within a year of hire date
The starting wage is $14.64 an hour and includes full benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center. This posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
Public Transportation Driver / Part-Time
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for a part-time Public Transportation Driver. This position will currently only be through the end of this year. Primary duties are to provide safe and secure transport of passengers utilizing the City’s public transportation vehicles. Qualifications include graduate from high school or G.E.D. equivalent, three years’ experience driving a private or commercial vehicles is preferred, and must have a valid State of Missouri Class E (chauffeur) driver’s license. Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly.
This position reports to the Administrative Services Director.
Some of the essential functions of this position include:
- Receive phone calls from customers to schedule transport and return calls as necessary.
- Provide door-through-door pick-up and drop-off of all customers.
- Collect vouchers for transportation services; ensuring vouchers are valid and unexpired
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner; create a pleasant environment for the passengers during their ride.
- Assist customers into the vehicle as necessary, ensuring that customers wear their seat belts and children/infants are seated and belted properly in car seat.
- Transport customers to and from locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Map out routes to and from specified destinations, identifying the fastest route. Determine the order of routes when transporting more than one customer to different destinations.
- Log in every trip throughout the day, ensuring all required information has been written and is legible before turning it in at the end of each day.
- Comply with State of Missouri traffic laws.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will transport clients in a wheelchair up or down ramps; ensure client’s wheelchair has been safely tied down and secured.
Hours will usually be from 10 am to 2 pm, Monday-Friday and filling in for the full-time position when they are off.
The starting wage for this position is $11.15 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for an Operator 1 position at our Wastewater Treatment Plant. The primary responsibility as Operator is for sewage treatment at the plant. Individual must possess a valid Class B Missouri Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake endorsement or the ability to obtain one within the first year of employment. Must have or be able to obtain a Class “D” Wastewater Operators Certification within the first year of employment.
Some duties of this position include:
- Operate or check the automatic operations of pumps and treatment plant equipment.
- Regulates the flow through the treatment plant
- Sets time clocks and starts control system for pumping stations
- Maintains operating logs, records and charts, and time sheets
- Cleans pumps, motors, and other related equipment according to schedule
- Makes minor and major repairs and adjustments to operating equipment both in the plant proper and pumping stations
- Performs laboratory testing of wastewater and sampling
- Hauls sludge and takes soil samples
- Attends to the supply of chemicals needed in the treatment process
- Moves objects in excess of100 pounds
- Move to depths of up to 30 ft. for purposes of cleaning and maintenance
- Perform various tasks in confined spaces
The starting wage is $13.40, DOQ. It includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Includes indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions. Performs bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, and reaching both to ground level and overhead,
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
The City of Nevada, Missouri is seeking a full-time City Clerk. Nevada is a Home Rule Charter City operating under a Council – Manager form of government with a $25 million dollar annual budget. Nevada is located at the junction of Highways 54 & I-49, is the seat of Vernon County, and boasts a strong manufacturing, agricultural, education, and healthcare job base.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following: maintains, authenticates, and ensures access to, or confidentiality of all records pursuant to the City of Nevada Missouri Charter and Municipal Code, Missouri Sunshine Law, and other applicable state and federal laws and regulations, prepares agendas, and records the minutes of City Council proceedings.
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or the equivalent; prefer a minimum of three years previous experience in office management. Applicants should posses the ability to use Microsoft Office software products. Good communication and written skills a must.
Wage for this position is $20.82-23.76 per hour, DOQ.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Contact Human Resources at 417-448-5106 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or to request a complete job description.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to City of Nevada Human Resources, 110 South Ash, Nevada, MO 64772. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Seasonal Parks Grounds Maintenance Laborers
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting job applications for seasonal part-time positions of Parks Grounds Maintenance Laborers. Eligible applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants should be able to work a variable schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Operate mowers, trimmers and other motorized equipment for the purpose of mowing and trimming the Twin Lakes golf course and some recreational facilities including the Community Center and Walton Aquatic Center.
- Cleans grounds and keeps buildings and equipment located on city property in good and safe working conditions
- Assists with minor upkeep and repairs to equipment, mower blades and hand tools
- Performs minor construction and repair projects on park grounds
- Performs landscaping duties including cultivation and maintenance of plants, flowers, bushes, and trees
- Assists with preparation of various sites for special events
- Assists other departments in other activities as condition and needs apply
- Moves objects in excess of 100 pounds
The starting wage for this position is $11.15 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, and through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. This posting will remain open until the positions are filled.