*** HUMAN RESOURCES PHONE NUMBER: 417-448-5106 ***
The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Public Transportation Driver/ Part-Time
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for a part-time Public Transportation Driver. Primary duties are to provide safe and secure transport of passengers utilizing the City’s public transportation vehicles. Qualifications include graduate from high school or G.E.D. equivalent, three years’ experience driving a private or commercial vehicles is preferred, and must and a valid State of Missouri Class E (chauffeur) driver’s license. Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly.
This position reports to the Administrative Services Director.
Some of the essential functions of this position include:
- Receive phone calls from customers to schedule transport and return calls as necessary.
- Provide door-through-door pick-up and drop-off of all customers.
- Collect vouchers for transportation services; ensuring vouchers are valid and unexpired
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner; create a pleasant environment for the passengers during their ride.
- Assist customers into the vehicle as necessary, ensuring that customers wear their seat belts and children/infants are seated and belted properly in car seat.
- Transport customers to and from locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Map out routes to and from specified destinations, identifying the fastest route. Determine the order of routes when transporting more than one customer to different destinations.
- Log in every trip throughout the day, ensuring all required information has been written and is legible before turning it in at the end of each day.
- Comply with State of Missouri traffic laws.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will transport clients in a wheelchair up or down ramps; ensure client’s wheelchair has been safely tied down and secured.
The starting wage for this position is $9.35 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Thursday, November 01, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
Community Center Attendant
The City of Nevada Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for a part-time attendant position at the Community Center. This position requires the ability to work a flex schedule, 7 days per week and will carry out customer/public service duties.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the basic administration and maintenance of the community center
- Answering the telephone and handling normal office functions
- Assisting in the administration of recreational leagues and activities provided by the City
- Opening and closing the building
- Maintaining records of recreation center attendance, equipment, injuries, discipline, and activities
Eligible applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age.
The starting wage for this position is $8.68 an hour.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Eligible applicants must return applications by Wednesday, Oct 24, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered.
The Nevada Fire Department is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter I. The starting wage for this position is $28,536 per year. It is a full time position, and includes full benefits such as retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, a valid Missouri driver’s license or the ability to obtain one. Minimum certifications required include Missouri Firefighter I or other IFSAC Firefighter I Certification, Firefighter II Certification, and live within or relocate to a five-mile radius of the Nevada Fire Station.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the front counter, online application click here, or through the Missouri Career Center in Nevada. Interested individuals must return applications by Wednesday, October 31, 2018, by 4:00pm to be considered.